a work in progress

a work in progress

Friday, May 29, 2009

paper chains, surgery and friends - oh my!

the girls and i spent ty's nap time today making paper chains. each link represents one day with each chain having 33 links on them. the girls then will take one link off each day, making it all the way down the chain until daddy comes home! in the picture i linked too many together, so we had fun taking those off - we aren't waiting any longer for you to come home eric!!




many of you know that ty has really had a difficult time with his ears. initially it was just his left ear, then it was his right, then both - on and on and on. we finally went to see an ENT and an audiologist this past week. they both agreed that ty does have some hearing loss, although not permanent, he does need tubes in both ears to relieve the fluid that is trapped behind his ear drum. he will go into surgery (sniff sniff) monday morning at 630am. the actual surgery only takes about 5 minutes on each ear, but he still has to be sedated. all in all only about 35-45 minutes from beginning to end. i am sure he will feel so much better, but please still pray for his recovery and for the tubes to do the job they are supposed to. plus for his hearing to return to normal - that way there will be no excuses for him not to hear me in the future!




it seems here lately i have really just lost my mind. what else is new, right?? i know i don't need to apologize, but i will - i am just sorry that i can't seem to carry on a conversation on the phone to anyone!! including eric! it is nearly impossible for me to speak to my friends without a dramatic situation occurring (usually a toy MIA or someone using extreme force to get something back). please know that i would love to sit and chat with no kids bugging me, but it just isn't happening anytime soon. my deepest apologies to my girlfriend from graduate school, who just so happens to have the same name as my next door neighbor, who i accidentally called at 1030 at night georgia time to ask her if she could help me with something!! did i mention she is still in her first trimester of her first pregnancy and is probably exhausted and i bothered her that late at night!!! what a gooooooober! sorry chick! but seriously, i have good intentions with trying to chat with my friends and family, it just never happens. so until it does - happy reading!



2 comments:

  1. Love you sister maria - be there next Friday :) One week! As soon as I get there I expect you to be running out of your house, screaming like you're on fire, getting straight into your truck and disappearing for about 8 hours. That's totally excusable - so DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the call the other night Kelly! I enjoyed hearing from you, even if it was a mistake. I hate that we've kind of lost touch, but I know that you're super busy with the kiddos and I understand. I'm excited for y'all that Eric will be home soon and I hope that you and the kids are doing well!

    ReplyDelete