a work in progress

a work in progress

Friday, June 11, 2010

we got this

what is so hard about having your husband leave for a year at a time?  besides the obvious, there is the not so obvious.

folding his clothes in the last loads of laundry from when he was here.  instead of getting mad that he didn't turn the shirt right side out before he put it in the laundry, you bury your head in it and cry.

walking behind a man who wears the same cologne as him.  as you walk, you close your eyes and take the deepest breath and try to hold on to the smell.

the worst thing, the hardest thing for me is standing in line somewhere, waiting in traffic and seeing a couple snuggle close, kiss, hold hands, rest their head on his shoulder.  it sucks.

as proud as i am of my husband and what he does, what he represents, what he believes - it doesn't make any of this easier.  i miss you honey.  1 month down 11 to go.  we got this!

3 comments:

  1. I so remember doing all of this especially following men who were wearing Old Spice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you so got this and on the days you think otherwise, Brian and I have your back (both of you)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly I'm so proud of you and Eric!!!
    Keep doing what you are doing. becouse it is working. Your family is so wonderful and I 'm so proud you share it with me. Love Aunt Kim AKA MOM

    ReplyDelete