a work in progress

a work in progress

Monday, November 16, 2009

13/16 - morton's neuroma

during the half marathon around mile 6, i began to experience shooting pain in the bottom side of my middle toes (not the big toe and not the last toe). i just thought it was my new shoes being a bit tight or not quite broken in yet. regardless i finished the race and worked thru the pain, but now, my middle three toes on each foot are still numb (some nine days later). i have completed a few short runs, and the numbness is still there. my research has led me to morton's neuroma, which is just swelling of nerves between the foot bones directly above the padding of your foot. this stinks. i am going to do my best to get into a doctor and possibly get a cortisone shot... i have to get in a 18-20 miler in the next few days in order to feel completely comfortable running the full on december 5. ouch. it is not a comfortable feeling. the numbness really makes running difficult!! i can't believe this.

sunday: rest
monday: 3m
tuesday: spin
wednesday: rest
thursday: 6m
friday: rest
saturday: 7m

No comments:

Post a Comment