a work in progress

a work in progress

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

hard labor

this past saturday i was able to coordinate childcare for a full day off. well not really. my military wives bible study group did a day of community service. we all built a house!! we worked on a habitat for humanity home for about 8 hours. crazy work. crazy. talk about lifting, nailing, cutting... what a day! it was beautiful outside, we all worked so hard, it was quite rewarding. we literally built an entire house, the exterior walls, interior walls, trusses, roof... no messing around here! here are a few pictures. the chick in the white hat (theresa) ran the boston marathon and did awesome! way to go theresa!












2 comments:

  1. What a bunch of kooks! I loved working hard and playing hard with our girls. Thanks for the props on the race, by the way. Love T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    I'm so proud of you! It looks like life is good for you. I know things dont always seem like it. but you are doing such a great job at all you are doing! I love you so much and cant wait to spend some time with you. give the kids a big hug and kiss from me.
    Love Aunt Kim AKA ( mom)

    ReplyDelete