a work in progress

a work in progress

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

personal best

the 5k took place this past sunday. i was pretty pumped for it. it was pouring down rain, when i say pouring i mean pouring! the winning male finisher wore goggles!! lol. it was a short run, the rain kind of gave it a 'fun run' atmosphere - it almost took the competition out of it. but as soon as the gun went off, it was on! there were over 750 runners for this local tradition here in clarksville. i finished 5th in my age group (something like 25 in my age group) and 75th over all. my time was 24.48 - my best ever! i was pretty stoked! now i need to tuck a few more 10k's under my belt to nail down the half marathon.


the local newspaper, the leaf chronicle, snapped a few pictures of the runner's crossing the finish line at the 50 yard line at austin peay state university. there is one of me (yea!). i attached the link, i am the 44th picture. ha! you may have to cut and paste the link...





this is me before the race, courtesy of kadence

thanks for letting me brag...


1 comment:

  1. Way to go Kelly. You look awesome!!!! Congrats on all your many accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete