a work in progress

a work in progress

Monday, October 26, 2009

10/16 - 10k race

well this week was a turning point. be careful or get hurt. i am not going to get an injury at this point. after my 14 miles, my recovery time took a bit longer (meaning my IT band was killing me). after much appreciated advice, i took the week 'off'. i did some preventive maintenance and stretched, iced, rested and foam rolled the heck out of my body. i felt so guilty after taking two days off, i went to the gym and ran a short distance just to see how i was feeling and more importantly how i felt afterwards. i am doing good now! back on track and no turning back...

week 10:

sunday: rest (stretch, foam, ice)
monday: rest
tuesday: 2.5m stretch
wednesday: rest
thursday: 5m
friday: off
saturday: 10k race - fabulous. no pain. best time for me.. right around 54 min - i could have run faster, just didn't realize it. endurance was wonderful. now for the half marathon in 2 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly,
    I'm so proud of you!!! everything you do. you are doing such a wonderful job. I admire so much about you. I hope you know that. keep up all your great work. I miss you and are talks. life has just been busy for you and I . I'm so happy for you that eric will be home with you guys soon , I love you. love Aunt kim

    ReplyDelete