a work in progress

a work in progress

Sunday, October 4, 2009

6/16 - i heart podcasts

this week was pretty uneventful with running, other than running my first double digits in one run!! mentally i am hanging in there, but did find myself struggling on my 7 mile run this week. one thing i can see evolving (other than my calf muscles) is my mental toughness. it is too easy to quit, too easy. i have not quit a run yet - and you know what? no one would know if i did, but i would. i would know if i ran a half of a mile short, or if i skipped a run completely. i don't want that, i want to continue training myself, disciplining myself - even if it means i have to walk during a water break, or if it means i run 30 seconds slower in order to run longer. i wont quit. during my first ever 11 mile run, i listened to 2 podcasts about running. they saved my life! i had to endure 11 miles on the treadmill due to weather.

sunday: rest
monday: 5 miles w/ 6 min tut
tuesday: spin class
wednesday: yoga/stretch
thursday: 7 miles
friday: rest
saturday: 11 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment