a work in progress

a work in progress

Sunday, October 4, 2009

7/16 - importance of resting

what a week! must say i am glad this week is overrrrrrrrrrrr. wow. i felt on top of the world running my 7 on thursday, perfect weather, nice pace, no aches. then friday rolled around (meant to be a rest day) and i had to do my long run instead of getting a rest day. i now know why it is crucial to rest between runs. here i thought i was getting a break... your body truly needs the time to recover and to rebuild the muscles that were burnt out the day before. due to childcare conflicts (knowing 12 miles would take me at least an hour and 50 min) i had to do it back to back with my 7 miles. within 24 hours i attempted a total of 19 miles. i finished, but it wasn't pretty. my body was doing some pretty funky things. mentally i was determined, i would not quit, but i have never felt my body not do what i wanted it to do. like i said, i finished my 12 miles, but it was strange. i will have another attempt at my 12 this coming saturday and believe me, i will rest the day before.

sunday: rest
monday: 5 m w/ 6 min tut
tuesday: spin class
wednesday: stretch
thursday: 7 m
friday: 12 m
saturday: rest

No comments:

Post a Comment